Other Pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just wanted to know what other kinds of animals do you guys keep besides fish? I have several reptiles including four leopard geckos, two African fat-tailed geckos, one bearded dragon, one ball python, and a Mali uromastyx. I also have a German Sheppard mix.

I have 4 cats in total (2 at my moms house, 2 at my dads), 2 rats and a baby brother who is 1 year and a half old..... :D

Aside from my 4 tanks, I have 2 dogs. I love them so much that now I have to show you. :lol:
This is Hagrid, I know he is part pomeranian and I think the other part is American Eskimo.
img_334009_0_79229aac629fe6600631d9948532ba6e.jpg

This is Samantha. I think she's shepherd and beagle but all I know for sure is that she's brown. :lol:
img_334009_1_fa94daf64183c8a96c97cb438fa55a2c.jpg

Some kisses:
img_334009_2_fed69bb563fc95d0c9c3c0ddfa89fc89.jpg

aww! cute puppies!!! I have a dog that is living with my mom until I get out of college... I miss him terribly *sigh* Trying to aquire 2 gerbils at the moment, but it isn't looking good.

I have 2 cats at home (I'm in college), and one of those I miss terribly :) The other one is my sister's cat and isn't the frienliest thing in the world. We're not really allowed to have anything other than fish here, and my 10 gallon is the maximum size allowed. :(

Regen311 said:
I have 2 cats at home (I'm in college), and one of those I miss terribly :) The other one is my sister's cat and isn't the frienliest thing in the world. We're not really allowed to have anything other than fish here, and my 10 gallon is the maximum size allowed. :(
we can keep up to a 25 gallon in the dorms...but 10 is all I have room for :evil:

Aw, that sucks. I graduated from IU 2 and 1/2 years ago. Can you all move off campus to a pet friendly location? I had a dog almost as soon as I moved out of the dorm! Sadly, she passed away at only 4 years of age because of Proheart 6, and corporate greed and lies. :cry: Then I got Hagrid and Samantha. :D

Your dogs are lovely severum mama. I have six dogs myself. Three poodles, a rottie and two mixes. And 2 cats, four birds, a rabbit, etc, etc................

---I have 3 cats. 2 twin calico girls-Grace and Kelly, and an orange/white boy-Blinky.

But I once had a frog, and a turtle, and a dog.........

I really want to get a greyhound--THE BEST DOGS EVER!!!! :p---but my mom doesn't like them and we have no fence.

severum mama said:
Aw, that sucks. I graduated from IU 2 and 1/2 years ago. Can you all move off campus to a pet friendly location? I had a dog almost as soon as I moved out of the dorm! Sadly, she passed away at only 4 years of age because of Proheart 6, and corporate greed and lies. :cry: Then I got Hagrid and Samantha. :D
yeah we're just required to stay on campus our first year, then we can move off and do the apartment/rent house thing.

Oooh, good thread! Someone should move it to the lounge so the salties can participate too tho. Anyways...

Aside from the fish, I've got 2 black and white cats,(brother and sister, but they dont like each other much) Mate and Lizzy, a big Black Lab,(almost 100 lbs) Cody, and a really boring Lepord Gecko that my brother is supposed to take care of,(but dosen't, mom does it...) Coony

I have one cat, her name is toffee. She runs the house hold. Love her to death and then my fish.

Lets see, besides the infestation of fish in our tiny 1 bedroom loft, we have a beautiful cat Nemo. I love animals and hopefully when we move soon I will be able to get a couple more kittens.

I have 11 mice - 2 boys (Tamerind and Tarragon), 8 girls (Cicely, Clove, Fennel, Coriander, Lemongrass, Paprika, Rosemary, and Saffron), and their mom (Cardamom). :D

Some pics I took yesterday.

Attachments

• paprika_peek.jpg
    paprika_peek.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 85
  • coriander_peek.jpg
    coriander_peek.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 159
Here is Mokota and My Pacman

Attachments

• mini-mokots_on_mirror_closer.jpg
    mini-mokots_on_mirror_closer.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 110
  • mini-img_0720.jpg
    mini-img_0720.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 68
  • mini-mokots_on_mirror_closer.jpg
    mini-mokots_on_mirror_closer.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 135
I have 2 dogs Issac & Jessabelle. She is a sheep dog style mutt & he is a Canaan dog which as far as I can tell is a certified sleeping & garbage hound (good watchdog though).

1 old orange tabby named kitza

1 pair of breeding corn snakes & 12 of their babies from this year

1 pair of checkered garter snakes which are so old (over 10) that they have finally stopped pumping out litters.

3 Wisconsin garter snakes (they are strippy).

2 red sliders in the pond

Too many to count ornate box turtles in various stages of rehabilitation from car accidents etc. that live in the yard (they especially love the compost pile but are all asleep right now).

well, I can't have anything other than fish at my place but here is my wish list:

my dog from home
a cat...or two
gerbils
mice
a parrot
Degus, I'm jealous of menagerie!!
1 loppy ear rabbit
1 regular rabbit, the kinds that almost look like hares

*edit* oh, and a corn snake and... well you get the picture :roll:

I talk about my babies often, but here's the run down:
3 cats--Spice, Josie, Squirrel
2 gerbils--Saprykin and Zelepukin
2 degus--Brodeur and Terreri
2 birds--Casa and Abbott
1 husband--Trevor
When we get a place with a fence, then we'll add a dog, then a baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom