Oto cats?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Assuming they are about 2"x.25"x.25" that equals about .125" cubed volume.
A 75 gallon tank is about 17325" cubed.
That is about 2166 Ottos in an empty 75 gallon tank.
Subtract for substrate and plants my guess would be you could fit about 2000 in there.

;D

I think my math is right.

Subtract for substrate and plants my guess would be you could fit about 2000 in there.

;D

I guess he should have re-phrased his question, lol

blert said:

;D

Between 20 and 2000 sounds about right LOL !

I bought 5 today all that my LFS had I am going to purchase 5 more when they get them in next week, they do a great job keeping my plants free of algea. They really seem to enjoy the driftwood also:)

Love these little guys! They are a shoaling fish, so in a tank that size a large ish number would be good.. 20 seems right =P

I have 5 in my 40b and they are AWESOME. As of now I dont need to feed them anything, but I constantly watch the underside to make sure they're eating enough.

I think I will keep it at 10 and I will also monitor their nutrition

This is the right way to keep otos...... many people have problems when they run out of natural algae and then their otos won't accept supplements like algae wafers. The otos then die.

I always leave one of my tank walls (the back one) unscraped/cleaned. This help provide natural algae at the same time as looking good, because you can still see through the clean front glass.

Back
Top Bottom