Otto's 90 Gallon Reef Ready Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Otto99

Aquarium Advice Regular
Picked up a 90 gallon AGA reef ready tank and stand off Craigslist. My initial plans for this tank include building a custom stand and re-plumbing the internal overflow on the tank with a Herbie style draining into a Trigger Systems Emerald 34 sump. Flow in the tank will be provided by one or two MP40's. Lighting will be LED, right now leaning towards Radions. All other equipment is up in the air right now. So far I've started the new stand and have ordered the sump.

Frame for stand was built using 2x4's for bottom frame and supports, and 2x6's for the top frame. I used the 2x6's so I could keep the front of the stand open without the need for a center brace. It is wrapped in 1/4" sanded pine plywood which will be painted black. I designed the stand to have cabinets on each side, one for electronics and the other for misc things.

Like always, I appreciate any feedback/suggestions.

Hi Sniper,

The stand will have cabinet doors. I just haven't got that far yet. I'm thinking about using stained glass or something to that effect. The front of the stand will have two doors, one with an overlap on the inside so you won't see a gap. Here's a pic of a stand I saw on another forum that I like and am trying to duplicate without copying exactly:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468287092.357593.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Progress! Now onto plumbing.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1469060758.173486.jpg

I first thought it was a fire place
attachment.php

can't wait to see it with the doors it's
going to look sharp

Geez, that is looking nice.

Can any plywood be used or do you need marine plywood (or is that overkill)?

As long as you paint or stain the plywood, you don't need marine grade. IMO it's overkill, and more expensive too.

Back
Top Bottom