Out of topic.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was generalizing all as in all of their pets, not all of the stores, I am sorry for the confusion- this area is exceptionally bad. I do like the employees though...

I also under stand you where using it for your area, I was just trying to say to watch the reviews and not go to a place for bad reviews. That's all I am saying.

If the OP wants an inexpensive large tank, you should check craigslist.
Just buyer beware and see if you can fill it, before you buy it.

If you buy the big tank from the store especially during the dollar per gallon sales, check all the silicone and check the tank to make sure everything looks level and that the silicone looks normal along all the seams.

And of course do a leak test.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Caigslist is good, although buyer beware. I've never bought any aquarium things from there but have seen good deals.

I'm lucky to have a great LFS near by, although I must say I don't go there often. Their prices are rather high. If I'm looking for something specific I'll go there but if it's something rather generic that all the stores around keep in stock I'll go to the cheapest place.

I just picked up a 75 gallon from Petsmart today. I did research online before I went to the store so I pretty much knew what I was buying. My local store is awesome, I can't say I've ever had a bed experience at the store and at least the people I have talked to see very knowledgable. Of course do you're own research, it can help a lot. I know they have an online deal going on and you can select pick up at store instead of shipping to home.

If you can, order online from PetsMart and do the in-store pickup. They give you some good deals. I needed a second canister filter to run a UV off of so I went with the Rena Filstar and when I ordered through PetsMart online and did in store pickup I got like a total of $70 off what it would have been if I had just walked in the store and bought it. It was about $50 less than Amazon and a lot less than foster and smith.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

On the petco topic, in my area, petco is the best fish place.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

In my area, Petsmart takes better care of the fish in tanks than Petco, but Petco betta fish are healthier.

Back
Top Bottom