Outbreak in my frag tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reeffanman

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have a mass outbreak in my frag tank They are tiny little brown flat snail type organisms. Although they have no shell. Attached is a pic of them on the glass although it's hard to focus. I'll try to take a better pic. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388114558.646725.jpg

Those are flatworms. You'll want to solve this problem asap. Get some airline tubing and suck out as many of the little buggers as you can. I've also heard freshwater dips are successful.
Since this is a frag tank, and I don't normally ever suggest adding livestock as a solution, but many keep something like a 6 line wrasse in their frag tanks as they munch on these buggers naturally.
There is also "Flatworm Exit". I dont know much about it, only that it exists and that people use it effectively to treat acro eating flatworms...though these are only common brown flatworms...both can lead to the same result, in this case being so abundant they will starve your coral of light.

Back
Top Bottom