Over stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markteaa

Aquarium Advice Regular
He everyone. I was wondering if 4-5 neon tetras , 1 rainbow shark, one golden killie one guppie and 1 2.5 inch blue lobster is way to much for a 10g tank with a 20 g filter?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

He everyone. I was wondering if 4-5 neon tetras , 1 rainbow shark, one golden killie one guppie and 1 2.5 inch blue lobster is way to much for a 10g tank with a 20 g filter?

1 rainbow shark alone is to much, they need a hueg tank. Ive also heard if lobsters grabbing sleeping fish.

4-5 neons i wouldnt do, they like to be in schools of at least 6.

as far as i know killies are usually left to more experiences aquarist.

that being said, a couple guppies would be great in a 10gallon as long as it is cycled.

Hi! In my experience, tetras usually do better in a school of at least 6. Preferably 8-10. You golden killie in a 20 gallon is the smallest recommended size tank. They get to be 4 inches. The rainbow shark can easily get 6 inches (needs a larger tank) and is also semi-agressive and may not do well with the neons as they are shy and peaceful fish. I would say that you are overstocked, have incompatible fish, and have a few fish that will outgrow the 10 gallon fairly quickly. The neons and guppy are fine. All the others belong in a larger tank for sure. Aqadvisor is a great site for these types of things. Good luck to you! :)

Thanks so much for the advice from the both of you :)

Killies and guppy's is a no-no.. Killies will actively fin-nip and eventually kill guppys.

Sent per three-eyed raven..

I thought you did the research in your other thread ?

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Aqadvisor is a GREAT site!!! It will answer all your stocking questions. Just plug in your info and it tells you if you're overstocked and if you have enough filtration.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom