overdose on Fe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timwag2001

Aquarium Advice FINatic
from what i understand Fe should be between .1ppm-.5ppm. how much is considered an overdose? what is the maximum level that won't cause damage?

From what I have read, I would not go over 1. You could probably safely get away with a little more without it being lethal, but it is a waste of money as your plants are not going to be able to uptake it at a faster rate than if you keep the levels ~0.5ppm. Realistically, plants are only going to use less than 0.05 ppm of Fe a day, which is below what you can even test for.

just asking because my Fe is at .4ppm right now and if i dose csm+b 2 more times this week it'll put me at .6

how many times a week are you dosing? I dose my tank twice a week with high light and co2, and everything seems to be pretty healthy. I dose to a target, no EI or anything.

i dose my P to a target of 2ppm and i increase my K by 10ppm everyother day. and i dose csm+b in between.

sunday, tuesday, thurs - P and K
monday, wednesday, fri - csm+b
nothing on saturday.

do you have some tips?

yeah i test for P and it's usually between .5 and 1 ppm. and i dose it to get it up to about 2

Sounds like your macros are good.

I think you could get by with dosing trace twice per week. It probably isnt hurting anything to do it 3X per week though.

Back
Top Bottom