Overfed rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooking12

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 55g and a 40g. Someone decided to feed my fish without telling me and I came home to stuffed fish and a ton of uneaten food collecting on the bottom front of my aquariums. In the 55 I had: 2 juvinile german blue rams, 1 adult gbr, 5 juvie angels, 5 juvie guppies, and 2 platy fry. In the 40: 1 pair of kribs, 3 zebra danios, 2 1 inch clown loaches, 1 2 (and some change) inch clown loach, and 1 adult gbr.
The water in the 40g is cloudy and the ammonia in the 55 is 0.75. The fish in the 55 were gasping at the surface this morning so I turned on the airstone (its planted so I have an unused airstone in there just in case). The angels and guppies and platies and adult ram stopped but one of the juvie rams didn't stop and one of them is M.I.A. Remembering something I read on high ammonia I removed the juvie ram and put it in a bucket with an airstone and clean water.
What I want to know is: What next???

Water changes and gravel vacuuming is all you really can do now. I would do several water changes as needed to get your ammonia to 0 ppm

I did that last night (1/3) and this morning (1/4) and there is still food that can't get to without destroying my plants. But thanks I'll keep water changing. But is there seriously no other quicker solution for my dying ram?

Back
Top Bottom