overflow gurgling sounds.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
greenmaji said:
http://www.dursostandpipes.com/
popular modifications
stockman hangon overflow mod.

Im thinking that would solve the gurgle problem.. just a suggestion..

Cool looks like a trip to Lowes
Thanks Dude

the durso didnt fully work for me, just fyi, but what did was putting some ball valves on the end, to throttle back the flow just a tad

the durso didnt fully work for me, just fyi, but what did was putting some ball valves on the end, to throttle back the flow just a tad

I had someone tell me once that sometimes the gurgling issue is due to running a pump that is too large not necessarily the plumbing. Seems like that might have been true in your case.

Definately check out the Durso standpipe or the Stockman if you are not using some type of standpipe.

I tried pumps mag 7, 9.5 and 18 on a dual 1" overflow... same results over each with the water barely flowing.

either way its working now :)

Melosu58: You must have children. The only way I can figure that sound is calming is if it is drowning out something worst.

Sorry but I cant figure out if this is a drilled tank with and overflow or an hang on back overflow box. If its a hang on back try throwing a towel over the two boxes, muffles the noise of water quite nicely. If its the pump on the other hand have no ideas except one from sombody in one of these forums said to throw a piece of foam underneath the pump and this will stop the pump noise. HTH

"Melosu58: You must have children. The only way I can figure that sound is calming is if it is drowning out something worst."

:lol: :lol:

melosu58 said:
My kids are 24,22,20 and 18. Sound kind of reminds me of the ocean.

Or a toilet flushing all the time :drain: I would go crazy listening to either one :drinking:

We must not be talking about the same sound. We are talking about the water being pumped up to the main tank, right?

Different sound. The question was referring to the overflow. The siphon breaks when the water level drops in the overflow and it sounds like you are flushing a toilet every 5 seconds. To clarify yes the sound of trickling water that you are referring to is calming. After your earlier comment I was thinking ...Man his children must have been a terror! :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom