Pair of Clowns - Feeding Schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boulder

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can I get opinions on a feeding schedule for a pair of clowns.

My LFS recommends I feed once a day (ORA-Glo one day, frozen food the next and so on) but one of the resource books I am reading suggests feeding first inhabitants every 4 hours ... logic being that it is a new tank without a lot of foods such as copepods available for the fish to eat all day long.

Seems to me that the once a day method makes more sense simply from not overfeeding the aquarium.

I feed my two clowns every other day and sometimes even skip one.....They have had no issues in the two years I have had them.

Thanks guys ... I think I'll try and do the same and go to an every other day feeding schedule for the pair of clowns. They seem to like the ORA-Glo but love the frozen whole brine shrimp. Being a newbie it's kinda guesswork trying to determine what is sufficient and what is overfeeding.

At the suggestion of my LFS I am also feeding a capful of PhycoPure every other day for the feather dusters, mushrooms and tube worms and sponges that hitch-hiked in on my live rock.

Back
Top Bottom