Pairs of Blue Rams and Silver Angelfish Spawning in the same tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry Little

Aquarium Advice Regular
Now I'm on the horns of a dilemma. I have a pair of silver angelfish that are spawning right now; I really didn't think they were mature enough. Plus I have a pair of blue rams that spawned in the same tank last week. I have no room to set up another tank to move either pair. Both pairs are defending their own spots, but not interfering with each other. Other residents are keeping a respectful distance. The Tank is a mostly S. American community tank with these two pairs, a school of bloodfin tetras, Sterbae corys, Banded plecostomus, and otocinclus plus a few swordtails for some color.

I clearly was not expecting this much activity this soon. I have only one other tank of ant size set up, but with Asian species. My two 20-gallon tanks are currently occupied by adolescent tortoises until the weather warms up this coming spring. Does anyone have any suggestions?

If your tank is large enough to accommodate both breeding pairs without conflict; if their territories don't overlap; if they seem to respect and stay out of each other's territories; I say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
If you plan to keep any of the fry, however, you'll need to make arrangements for them quickly. Maybe a couple of fry nets until you get one of your smaller tanks freed up to use as a fry tank.

Back
Top Bottom