Panda Corys first? - 29 gallon done cycling!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abemas

Aquarium Advice Regular
My 29 gallon is officially done cycling. I'd like to get some fish in there this weekend or early this week and I'm pretty confident I want some pandas. Everything I've read about them says they like to be in large groups. How many should I start out with and is it acceptable to add them to a recently cycled tank as the first fish?

Also, my pH is 7.8...a little higher than recommended for corys...still acceptable?

Ahh I never thought of that. Aren't tetras a little sensitive themselves?

I started with neons, black skirt and red high fin and they are all really good. I started 2 diffrent tanks , I have to say they will be ok as loong as you keep good water.

Chances are since you've done your cycle the water will be perfectly fine. However with the first fish in there's always a chance of things changing since you're switching from periodic ammonia feeding to proper fish waste.

Could always get something hardy but attractive like guppies, platys or danios to help start the tank.

But in my own personal experience it doesn't matter - I've never had problems with deaths from early stocking. I've kept fish for about 5 years and run about 10 tanks.

Back
Top Bottom