paraguard vs cupramine by seachem anyone have a preference?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceandelight

Aquarium Advice Regular
what started out on my fish as i thought ich i am not thinking it might be velvet both say they will treat this but does anyone know if one vs the other is better? or has any other recommendations?

Copper is a more directed approach when dealing with either Cryptocaryon irritans or Amyloodinium ocellatum, especially if you cannot detrmine properly which one your treating. Malachite green and aldehyde treatments are not nearly as effective or prefered. The Cupramine is also much better tolerted by the fish. PARA has it's uses but it's a matter of which is more effective and least damaging to the fish. Both being poisons, it's a matter of the lesser of two evils so to speak.

If you know for sure it's Crypt, hyposalinity is your best option.

Cheers
Steve

the paraguard did not seem to help much the hypo did but the side efects in the tank from the hypo did just as much damage for me make shure to keep the water changes goin once everything dies off the tank will be poluted like crazy for a couple days then it will be fine worked good on my cyno also

Back
Top Bottom