Parrot fish eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guggiboy123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys so I recently got some parrot fish and one laid a lot of eggs and iwas wondering what to expect? How long until they become free swimming? Also is there anything that I should be doing?

What do you mean by parrot fush? Is it a blood red parrot or a true parrot fish?

For the fist question some are white which I know means they didnt get fertilized and the others are translucent. To the second question they are blood red parrot fish

Then im suprised they got fetilized at all. What are you going to do with the fry?

If they do hatch I will probably put them in a a five gallon to grow them out and then sell most of them and keep the ones that i like

Not to be rude or anythin but they are hybrids and there are alot of people that hate them. I do not like hybrids But i kinda like parrots but not really. Plenty of people would say not to sell them.

Not to be rude or anythin but they are hybrids and there are alot of people that hate them. I do not like hybrids But i kinda like parrots but not really. Plenty of people would say not to sell them.

Ya I know they have a bad rep. I was thinking of giving them to my lfs that sells them for in store credit

I would say that as soon as they become free swimming move them to the other tank with a sponge filter and feed them new life spectrum fry food

What is the tank set up? What size? Tankmates? How many blood parrots?

There are two male and female In a 29 gallon fish tank. And yes I Know that this is a very small tank for them and I am trying to get a 56 set up for them. Then I will be getting a 75 and proply putting them in there

There are two male and female In a 29 gallon fish tank. And yes I Know that this is a very small tank for them and I am trying to get a 56 set up for them. Then I will be getting a 75 and proply putting them in there

My bad there is one male not two

Back
Top Bottom