Parrot fish in a community tank (300litres)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

naomijaywebb

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was just wondering if a parrot fish would be okay in a community tank I have a 300litre tank but I have heard they can be quiet nippy it's just a question ? Thanks for your reply's :)

Tank wise yes should be fine what are the other fish

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have gourami's , platys, guppies , coloured skirt tetras , Plecos , albino catfish , clown loaches , barbs , but If I considered a parrot fish I wouldn't want it To go for any of the fish I have or I don't want my fish going for it either so what do u think ? :)

They may eat the guppies depends on the parrot fish I can't see any of the other fish attacking it so if u don't mind to much about your guppies yes it will be fine

They may eat the guppies depends on the parrot fish I can't see any of the other fish attacking it so if u don't mind to much about your guppies yes it will be fine

Oh god I do care about my guppies lol my female just had a load of babies last week and was planning on raising them and keeping a few lol , even if the guppies are full grown could the parrot fish still manage to eat them ?

Depends totally on the individual parrot fish as it's a hybrid cross breed of one of the most peaceful cichlids and one of the most aggressive breeds

Depends totally on the individual parrot fish as it's a hybrid cross breed of one of the most peaceful cichlids and one of the most aggressive breeds

Ohh okay thanks for your comments :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom