Partial water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sieski

Aquarium Advice Freak
Whats the best way to add water? I've got a syphon that I can use to go from bucket to tank thats fine. But the two different water temperatures how do I get around that?

You should try to match the temperature to within 2 degrees preferrably. If you're using your tap, just measure the temperature of the tank, then the tap water before adding it. If you're storing water in a bucket, a heater can be used to warm the water if required.

You should try to match the temperature to within 2 degrees preferrably. If you're using your tap, just measure the temperature of the tank, then the tap water before adding it. If you're storing water in a bucket, a heater can be used to warm the water if required.

I'll grab myself a heater friday from the shop then to make it easier. Thanks

I do it with a python. While you are syphoning out the old water make sure the water running in the sink is at the same temp as the tank. Then just switch the connector on the sink and you are filling the tank back up! I love the python.......Best investment ever.

Back
Top Bottom