Patty and Johnnys new Juvenile Tiger Oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This just plain sucks. Woke up to him washed out and floating in the same spot again. Turned on the lights and waited. After a couple minutes he "woke up" and started moving.....not easily at first. I'm at work so I asked my husband to do another 50% wc. The heater thing: they can do that? I've read about them malfunctioning and being electrocuted then dying right then or soon after. Didn't know it be a stray voltage kind of thing :/ I'm so upset, I should've called in.....

This just plain sucks. Woke up to him washed out and floating in the same spot again. Turned on the lights and waited. After a couple minutes he "woke up" and started moving.....not easily at first. I'm at work so I asked my husband to do another 50% wc. The heater thing: they can do that? I've read about them malfunctioning and being electrocuted then dying right then or soon after. Didn't know it be a stray voltage kind of thing :/ I'm so upset, I should've called in.....

This is just a guess most likely not the issue just something to check and rule out. I hope he is ok.

How's he doing this morning

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry to hear he's not doing well. When you "woke" him up, was the room dark before you turned the lights on? They get washed out looking and either float or sink when sleeping. Depending on the fish. When they are woken up they act funny until completely awake. I'm sure you know this by now after having him this long. Did anything change in the house? Any new air fresheners? Any new sprays being used? Boyfriend or yourself applying cologne or perfume close to the tank now? Any body cleaning the glass with cleaner like windex? Etc etc... anything airborne can get in the water.

I'm beginning to think you guys are right. Yes, the room is always completely dark when I find him like this. Up till the last 2 days, however, I've never seen this from him so that's why it alarmed me. Very acute change. It really looks now like a betta sleep type behavior. Just takes him a minute to "wake up". No environmental changes, no. We are very careful about that kind of thing. We just had our finger nipping session after being fed. Being his normal self.

Well, no more episodes. When he sleeps it is like it was before. Chalking all of it up to great acting on his part? I re measured him today and he is 5 inches or a tad over. I went to get crickets for him and saw more babies for sale. He was half the size I thought he was when we got him mid November. So about 3-4 inches growth since then. Does that seem stunted at all? I'm gonna be sticking to every 4 days 50%wc schedule from now one and see if he picks up steam. Thanks for all the words of wisdom and encouragement.

Glad ur guy is doing well again :) Do u have any recent pics of him? I often check this thread, you seem so dedicated. He sounds a bit cheeky ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He's a bit of a stinker :) Thank you for checking and following! He's definitely grown to be my favorite fish. Here he is this morning before "bath time" (water change).

Attachments

• 1426520814920.jpg
    1426520814920.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 1426520848196.jpg
    1426520848196.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 1426520873182.jpg
    1426520873182.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 61
David Hasselhoff!! That's what I'd name him anyways... looks healthy!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The Hoff!! I like it!! My husband has named everything in this house including our kids. Next time I need to put my foot down ;) LOL

The Hoff!! I like it!! My husband has named everything in this house including our kids. Next time I need to put my foot down ;) LOL

Just reminds me of night rider, looks.like he's got a leather jacket on;)

Hey, my boys found these in my grandmothers cellar. They are stripped with what looks like stingers and long spider legs. OK to feed to Max??

Hey, my boys found these in my grandmothers cellar. They are stripped with what looks like stingers and long spider legs. OK to feed to Max??

I don't know about max?? the Hoff would put it down after a twelve pack..

Its a type of cricket. Looks like a spotted camel cricket. I was just worried about the "stinger" looking hind quarters.

Back
Top Bottom