Paul's 38 gallon reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to hear about your starfish man. Plan on getting another one or no?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Probably some time in the future, no time soon though. I may actually take this time to put in a harlequin shrimp temporarily to wipe out this asterina population that I've had for a while. They get to be an eyesore sometimes.

Just suck them out during water changes or with a piece of airline tubing. Using a harlequin is overkill.
I've tried to with my syphon with not much luck. Best way I've found so far is with tweezers manually and there id just so many all over the rocks and sump too. I have a friend that has a couple of the harlequins and he would let me borrow one until they are gone, then just give it back to him. I know its overkill but it seems harmless, simple, and free. As long as I can trap him to get him out when the food is gone.

FTS taken today.
61345-albums13568-picture67721.jpg

It looks great Paul! Really nice!

still takes me more than a few to get a shot i like lol
i keep hearing roomers the bearded wonder is bringing me a under water camera

So I ran into an old buddy of mine that used to work at the LFS. Turns out he has his own business out of his house with tons of frags and some fish and inverts! Has some nice zoanthids I've got my eyes on too! I brought him my pink pocillopora and a small zoa rock and traded for a RBTA today! It was the smallest one out of the bunch but considering he sells them for $90, id say it was a fair deal. I've always wanted one but never had the cash. Acclimating now!!! (y)

Sounds like a sweet trade Paul! I'm excited to see it

Can't wait to see pics, and thanks for posting the Trachyphyllia pic. If you find the other one I would like to see it extended too.

I am kinda trying to see what the next sort of creature to look for will be, and make a little list in case I run into something, so watching everyone's nice stuff and good finds.

Do you have a Lepteastrea, if so a pic would be great to see. If/When you have time, I am eyeing one at a local store. :flowers:

I knew I should have got a pic while I was acclimating! Within an hour or putting him in the tank last night he made his way to the very backside of my tank in between the rock and glass. Hope he doesn't consider that a permanent home! Just my luck. I would try moving him, but not yet. It is probably about the size of a half-dollar. not sure if its just not inflated all the way, or if its just that small. I will defiantly post a pic as soon as I get one of it! Hopefully I can get him somewhere where I want him to be and not ON my corals. LOL.

Can't wait to see pics, and thanks for posting the Trachyphyllia pic. If you find the other one I would like to see it extended too.

I am kinda trying to see what the next sort of creature to look for will be, and make a little list in case I run into something, so watching everyone's nice stuff and good finds.

Do you have a Lepteastrea, if so a pic would be great to see. If/When you have time, I am eyeing one at a local store. :flowers:

No problem, Ill check again for that photo. Yes I do have a very small 3/4" frag of gold and purple Leptastrea that didn't do well at all. Over half of it died and turned white. I was very disappointed. Its been very well shaded for a while now and even though I never put it in intense light, considering it came out of a tank with crappy lights, Im sure I burnt it up with my lights. I really really love this coral and hope it comes back and starts growing instead of dying! Here is a pic when I got it. Man it looks good under actinics.
CqKFlu5.jpg

No problem, Ill check again for that photo. Yes I do have a very small 3/4" frag of gold and purple Leptastrea that didn't do well at all. Over half of it died and turned white. I was very disappointed. Its been very well shaded for a while now and even though I never put it in intense light, considering it came out of a tank with crappy lights, Im sure I burnt it up with my lights. I really really love this coral and hope it comes back and starts growing instead of dying! Here is a pic when I got it. Man it looks good under actinics.
CqKFlu5.jpg

Ouch! :/

Is that a harder to find color; it is really pretty? The one I am looking at is mainly green and a kinda turquoise blue inside and base color, but mostly green. I'm also looking for things which don't have long tentacles, these are short right?

Ouch! :/

Is that a harder to find color; it is really pretty? The one I am looking at is mainly green and a kinda turquoise blue inside and base color, but mostly green. I'm also looking for things which don't have long tentacles, these are short right?
Not sure how hard to find the color is, but I've never seen it in person except when I saw this one and scored it immediately for $15. Yes I think it is very pretty and it does have short tentacles.

Ok so I finally got pics of my new RBTA! I flipped around the rock it was on so I could see it. I left it shaded so it can come out into the light on its own. I'd say its about 50/50 on the red/green, and im ok with that. Its kinda stressed which I assume is normal. I hope to see it grow big and beautiful! It is a tiny one! The 2nd pic is with my blue led flashlight on it so you can see it better.

dzhEPwZ.jpg

ZcIKaro.jpg

BTA still doing great! :) Also picked up a super awesome 3 polyp kryptonite zoa frag yesterday! It was a tough pick between this and the king midas zoas. Here is a cell pic, camera is dead right now. I love these, but for $15 a polyp, it adds up quick and im broke! lol

fHPI6Q3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom