Paul's 38 gallon reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wish i could get picts with that kind of clarity
mine always come out blah
they just dont pop

img_3042592_0_6da056d623e7ccc0ba23daddbafe370c.jpg

see what i mean blah

hey paul ,
that sites pretty cool now ill have to practice till i get the hang of it
first attempt , my daughter brought this home yesterday
the first sps in the 90
img_3042788_0_6eae961e6d7805d69a01e7e638469849.jpg

hey paul ,
that sites pretty cool now ill have to practice till i get the hang of it
first attempt , my daughter brought this home yesterday
the first sps in the 90
img_3042944_0_6eae961e6d7805d69a01e7e638469849.jpg

Looks better! It's mainly gonna be with the blue in the color balance, to get to what you actually see with your eyes.

Here's some better photos of the new Starry Dragonet (red scooter blenny). I personally think the 'blenny' name should be gotten rid of because it is in no way a blenny. I almost caught the first photo with his dorsal fin raised, very beautiful markings.

ndnfuMH.jpg

C02Jv16.jpg

Here's some better photos of the new Starry Dragonet (red scooter blenny). I personally think the 'blenny' name should be gotten rid of because it is in no way a blenny. I almost caught the first photo with his dorsal fin raised, very beautiful markings.

ndnfuMH.jpg

C02Jv16.jpg

he is one good looking fish for sure
i think there characteristics are more similar to a mandarin than a blenny also
ive been having my eye on another one of these my first one lasted about 2 weeks
RubyRedDragonet_Small.jpg
he is considered a mandarin dragnet

he is one good looking fish for sure
i think there characteristics are more similar to a mandarin than a blenny also
ive been having my eye on another one of these my first one lasted about 2 weeks
RubyRedDragonet_Small.jpg
he is considered a mandarin dragnet

Thanks! That's a Ruby Red Dragonet that you posted and they are very awesome! The scooter blennies are also dragonets, not blennys. I think they started that up so they could sell them as easy to care for fish. Which is not necessarily the case for most dragonets.

It was so clean back then... LOL. My first water test on the plumbing. Did it outside!

So I have high hopes for my dragonet. He absolutely loves the frozen prawn roe. He ate it out of the end of the baster! Couldn't be happier with the little guy! :)
Got a quick pic with my cell.
dWqxbBR.jpg

Here is the exact food I'm using. Made by nutramar. Good stuff.
n9cGgVV.jpg

Last edited:
Bad news! I noticed my red Linkia starfish has been in the same spot the last few days under my galaxea coral. I didn't consider it to be a concern because he has stayed in several places for days at a time before. Well just yesterday I noticed he finally came out and was missing a leg! I immediately researched what could have done it with alot of different results. Some drop a leg to create another starfish while some disintegrate
for many different reasons. I read that some coral can sting starfish and actually kill them basically disintegrating them limb by limb. After further observation I noticed a small pile of red 'starfish dust' where he was sitting. I don't really know if the galaxea coral may have stung him in that leg or what. Water parameters are spot on, as usual. He has moved around a little since with no signs of any other disintegration or color change, etc. I do know that galaxea has very long sweepers and read they can pack a punch. So hopefully my starfish is fine and the leg regenerates. Still not sure if its the cause, but that's what I'm leaning towards.

Oh man that sucks Paul! Hopefully he will regenerate it and not go further downhill :(

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well the starfish didn't make it. I'm really bummed he did so well for so long and then boom. He was down to 3 legs this morning and later today 2 1/2 legs upside down on the sand bed. He was definitely a favorite of mine. I feel really bad for him. Still don't know whether it was a coral sting from the galaxea or something else I just have no clue about. R.I.P. Patrick. :(

Sorry to hear about your starfish man. Plan on getting another one or no?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom