Paul's 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tried to get some clear photos of this quick guy.

KPPiFtt.jpg

PUUtAx6.jpg

zawF6Kp.jpg

How big is the wrasse? Looks like you picked up a nicely sized one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! I was hesitant for putting one into a 40 breeder, but I think its going to work out. I've seen a lot of success with the Halichoeres wrasses doing very well in 40 gallon aquariums, though according to LA, they are a 50 gal. minimum fish. There is a lot of open swimming room in my 40 breeder, and I many change a little to make some larger tunnels in the rock, though he gets around very well as it is. I figured my dottyback would have rushed up on it upon adding it, but the size difference I think steered him clear. Thy just kinda stay out of each others way, no conflict at all. Everyone elses swims around with him except the ruby dragonet who just scoots around with the snail, crabs, and starfish. :)

Wow his colors are a lot more brilliant than my lunar ,
img_3271221_0_141522575c18629fda9d673507ab157a.jpg

I don't know why I all of a sudden turned into such a wrasse junkie
Just got on the waiting list for a formosa wrasse , Figured he would do good with my red corris wrasse ,
I have a 180g coming from NY my brothers bringing it out when he comes out to visit in oct

Wow his colors are a lot more brilliant than my lunar ,
img_3271225_0_141522575c18629fda9d673507ab157a.jpg

I don't know why I all of a sudden turned into such a wrasse junkie
Just got on the waiting list for a formosa wrasse , Figured he would do good with my red corris wrasse ,
I have a 180g coming from NY my brothers bringing it out when he comes out to visit in oct

They look very similar though! Erases are very cool fish and there are some very attractive colored ones.

Figure I'd finally get on building the stand for that frag tank i made. It's getting there... (weighs a ton, overbuilt!)

COZdsCq.jpg

Aq0tKJB.jpg

Your wrasse will be fine in the 40b just be sure you have a tight cover , if he is anything like mine he will do laps around the power head , I got caught off guard when my corris wrasse jumped when I had the lid off as I was cleaning he went almost 5ft straight up than back in tank I got lucky , I never realized how high they can jump now I can just imagine the distance he can jump ,

That's a nice frag tank you built there ,
I was reading a article in a reefer magazine the guy used 3/4 lexan to build his 4X8 frag tank , He basically did it with toung and grove , it was quite interesting as everything locked together , I would love to build a nice frag tank but mine would probably look like snot as I am very messy when it comes to silicon

Last edited:
Thanks seaweed! I'd love to set it up, buy my wife is not a fan of that!

Take her by the hand show her your passion , isn't that why you tied the knot
both need to give before anyone will gain

just never forget the ole lady is first than the salt but theirs room for both
just get her involved , it'll bring you closer and who knows

turn the frag tank into a workable coffee table poof magic lol

:whistle:

Figure I'd finally get on building the stand for that frag tank i made. It's getting there... (weighs a ton, overbuilt!)

COZdsCq.jpg

Aq0tKJB.jpg

Nice job on that frag tank stand Paul. You are very good at building those aquarium stands. You could definitely make some extra cash building them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Take her by the hand show her your passion , isn't that why you tied the knot
both need to give before anyone will gain

just never forget the ole lady is first than the salt but theirs room for both
just get her involved , it'll bring you closer and who knows

turn the frag tank into a workable coffee table poof magic lol

:whistle:

LOL. I'll let you talk to her!

Nice job on that frag tank stand Paul. You are very good at building those aquarium stands. You could definitely make some extra cash building them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks Barbara! I used some free cabinet wood I got of a job for the sides and door.

That melanurus is a pig! Man I need a cool wrasse to fit in with y'all!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom