Peacock eel :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DazF

Aquarium Advice Freak
Picked up this little guy today, expected him to be shy at first but seems to have settled right in!

Just thought id share my new addition?
Any other keepers with some advice on keeping them? (Obviously i done some research beforehand but always helps to see others experiences :p)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400956862.245811.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400956871.249893.jpg

Sigh jelous. Gave only seen my peacock eel once in the three weeks I have had him.

He's very cute...I would love one but am going to wait until I get rid of the gravel and replace with sand. Have you got a name for him yet?

Yeah i changed to sand a few weeks back love it!
Now today he's hiding under the sand haha
Not yet, my other fish are named after my fav tv characters need to find one that fits him/her

Oh yay!!! I got lucky with one of those eels also that is always out and about. Mine was the same way when I got her, I expect her to immediately hide but instead she started exploring made a home for herself in a piece of driftwood until the loaches kicked her out of it now she sleeps in a java fern. It's soo funny to me cause in my research they said that the peacock eels usually eat 2-3 times a week but mine eats everyday, twice a day... Hahaha.. And she loves brine shrimp!

Haha mine doesnt seem to have eaten much yet...
How do u feed yours?
I read a good way is to bury some frozen cube below the sand and they will find it?

Haha mine doesnt seem to have eaten much yet...
How do u feed yours?
I read a good way is to bury some frozen cube below the sand and they will find it?

I have freeze dried brine shrimp and tubifex worms, about once a twice a week they get frozen blood worms and brine shrimp as a treat.

I just throw the cube in the tank and she will go up to the top and eat, i have tiger bards in my tank that act like piranhas because they go into a feeding frenzy, I don't know if she learn that in order to eat she needed to attack the food first.

I never came across that but sounds like it could work, I also read but never tried it, they said you could teach the eel to eat out of your hand.

Back
Top Bottom