pearl gourami with red line?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imrandome1

Aquarium Advice Freak
My pearl gourami is acting strange, its staying at the top of the tank with its dorsal fin just under the water surface, its staying in 1 corner of the tank, i then looked at it and sore a red line going from it mouth area to its tail fin following the belly of the fish, if you under stand, il try and get a pic.

the water is fine, the only change is the temp as its at 90 because im treating Ich, other than that he's eating but keeps to himself and stays in the corner .

He's not happy, and is sluggish, i cant seem to find any info about the red line?

Update, i have done a 60% water change and he is swimming a little more, and joining the clown loaches going up and down the side of the glass, but then he went back in the corner and stays at the top of the tank by the water line, his dorsal fin dose not seem to work, it just sways in the direction of the current, the red line is still there the only thing i can find about red lines is septicemia, but that describes it as red lins in the body, but my fish only has 1 long red line from head to tail, along the the stomach?
Any help would be great!

Sorry, imrandome1. I have no idea what could be wrong. If I had to take a guess, I would say it would be a bacterial issue. If the fish is still eating, try feeding it some medicated anti-bacterial food and see if that helps. Internal stuff is hard to understand beause it's almost impossible to know what's going on in there.

HTH

Hmm, well i guess then. time will tell, i think when i added the angel fish it got more stress than it would usually get, Oh well thanks Devilishturtles Ill let you know what happens.

Back
Top Bottom