Pearl Gourami's???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 29 gallon tank which has all tetras (rummynose 6, pristella 6, glowlight 5, amano shrimp 2, platy 1). I've been debating on whether I add one or two pearl gouramis. When I punch it in aqadvisor.com it says that the gouramis could become to aggressive for my tetras if they breed.

My question is do you think I'd be fine with 2 pearl gourami's (1 male 1 female). Or should I just go with 1 pearl? Each gourami will be about 4-5 inches. Close to full grown!!!

I have a single female pearl gourami in my 90. I also have mostly tetras a d they don't bother each other at all. I've never kept more than one gourami at a time because they can be aggressive but I don't know first hand. One would be ok for sure with them, but as for 2, hopefully someone with experience will chime in. :)

I love pearls and they don't bother anyone. They actually like to be In groups and unlike most gouramis will tolerate each other. One male to several females is best.

You could do 2, 1 would be better. I have a male and a female together in my 37 which is the same footprint as a 29. They don't seem to injure each other but do squabble from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom