Peoples views on water clarity products?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaunakadub

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've never tried one, although recently i've been thinking about it. I belive what I have is a bacterial bloom that just wont seem to go away.

I've cut down feeding to every other day, did a few good gravel vacs/PWC, and still has the same amount of cloudiness it had when I began trying to treat it.

So has anyone ever tried one of these products? If so, which product did you use and did it work?

I'm still not exactly sure if I want to add anything (I'm weary of adding any chemicals to my tank), so thats why I'd like your opinions, then I need to decide if I want to try a chemical or put the tank into a "black-out" situation (Don't know much about it, but I heard it can work)

Thanks everyone.

I personally don't think they work all that well. They can clump particles and remove cloudiness for a bit but they don't solve the cause. Sometimes a black out is the only cure.

I've tried them and they worked, at first. But it only masks the problem. It doesn't remove it. Your instinct is correct, avoid these products.

They don't work for bacterial blooms.

I've used AquaClear but only when I had 1st added my sand just to help the finer particles clump together and get filtered out. Other than that I wouldn't use it.

Back
Top Bottom