percula clown help pleasee!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

christy1430

Aquarium Advice Activist
The clown I put in my nano 12 g won't eat!!!
Today is the second day that he did not eat. It has hapened to me before with other clowns and they all die. What can I do so that the clown does not starve.

Also is has a string of I would say number 2 trailing it around hanging from under him towards the middle of his body...

That means it is sick! Have you tested you water recently? If not you need too, just to make sure that there isn't a problem in your water!

Usually when a fish has stuff trailing out of it like that means there is a problem. Most likely the fish was sick when you got it. How long have you had it? Did it eat at all since you've had it? When you go to the LFS look at the fish carefully make them feed the fish and see that it eats before you buy it! A clown is a tough fish but if it isn't eating that isn't a good sign. I always get worried when I see one of my fish not eating. I just lost a green chromis tonight infact...the fish wouldn't eat yesterday when I fed and I knew that something was wrong. I'm not sure what to do about it but I do know that there is a problem!.....Sorry...I hope things work out with your clown!

i had it for about a week and it would eat anything! pebbles flakes algea. Randomly stopped eating? is just sitting at the bottom of the tank slowly moving aroundd... i will test the water later in the afternoon

How many fish and what else is in the tank? How old is the tank too?
Depending on what you got in there and how often/what you're feeding, I'd really watch those nitrates. And salt level. Pretty consistent? How often are you changing water? May need to once weekly.

I agree. The clown is on his way out IMO.

Back
Top Bottom