Peruvian snail.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I kept snails and also wanted tall plants, then I would try Onion Plants. (Crinum spp.) If the Onion Plants got eaten, then I would fall back to Java Ferns. (Microsorum spp.)

Tanks! I will try them out.. I bought a variety of plants to test out today, but he seems to like them all :-( I love the guy but can't stand fake plans.. Any short one that would work out ?

Do you mean Inca snails,aka mystery snail, related to the apple snail. I used to breed them.they only eat decaying plants.I had banana plants,amazon sword etc etc and they just eat algea off of the plants unless they a leaf was dying.

Sent from my LT28at using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Apple snails are monstrous eaters so if he looks like an Inca snail,golden round shell but eats the live plants he might actually be an apple snail that'll grow veryy larrrgee

Sent from my LT28at using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He's supposed to get bigger than my hand, which is fine, but I'd still like plants, my apple snail doesn't touch them at all, the Peruvian snail eats a bit but mostly breaks them because of the weight.. He's about the size of a tennis ball now

Tanks! I will try them out.. I bought a variety of plants to test out today, but he seems to like them all :-( I love the guy but can't stand fake plans.. Any short one that would work out ?

I've kept Anubias with all types of fish and accidentally introduced snails and nothing has ever eaten it. This plant is healthiest if you attach it to wood or a decoration rather than burying its roots into the substrate.

Those would look real good in my tank thanks! I seems to be having luck with this plant ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394080852.033930.jpg it's almost two foot long, would you know what it is ? The manager I usually talk with wasn't there so I have no names..

Back
Top Bottom