Pest Anenome?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arhalster

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can anyone help tell me what this is? It just appeared in the last two days. Should I try to remove it right away or is it okay?

image-2606890112.jpg

That looks like it could be a maxi mini carpet or a rock flower. Doesn't look like a pest nem to me but I could be wrong. What colors is it?

It's a brownish color. I'm debating if I should buy stuff to remove it, or be happy about it. So it's probably not aiptasia or similar pest?

Well, just my blue LED's are on now. I turned on my lighting system and it went from shriveled up to opening. The top layer is thin, and it looks like tentacles of some kind on the outer edges, I can't tell. With the blue LED's you can definitely see it has a shade of green in it.

Well, just my blue LED's are on now. I turned on my lighting system and it went from shriveled up to opening. The top layer is thin, and it looks like tentacles of some kind on the outer edges, I can't tell. With the blue LED's you can definitely see it has a shade of green in it.

Very well maybe a mushroom. If its opening up nice with the lights on and closing at night. Hold off until you get a better ID.

I do have a green toadstool in the tank, a purple devil's hand, and that finger leather. I used my claw/arm thingy and touched the thing and it did close up a minute later. It has a tubelike center though which is what through me off. I just noticed this today, I'm not sure its been there more then a few days.

I do have a green toadstool in the tank, a purple devil's hand, and that finger leather. I used my claw/arm thingy and touched the thing and it did close up a minute later. It has a tubelike center though which is what through me off. I just noticed this today, I'm not sure its been there more then a few days.

Hopefully more will chime in. It's not aiptasia and I don't think it's majano but take a look.

https://www.google.com/search?q=maj...aeLYXH0wHQ04HgDQ&ved=0CC4QsAQ&biw=320&bih=444

I looked at that option too, but I don't have tentacles like that, or at least it doesn't yet. Its weird - It lays flat against the rock kind of like a carpet anem when its open.. I'll take a picture with my actual camera tomorrow as it has much better zoom. Hopefully we can figure this out - Because if it's a pest, i'd def rather deal with it now before I have lots of them.

does it look like this
attachment.php

I was told it was everything but what it was after hours of research turns out it was what I thought a rock nem

No - It doesn't. It looks more like a carpet like thing. It doesn't have any long tentacles like majano or aiptasia. Should I just let it be then?

This is the best I could get. It is definitely weird. It hasn't moved at all. Just opened and closed.

Attachments

• DSC02067.jpg
    DSC02067.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom