Pests

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tidders1980

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all just started on the project off my first SW nano tank I have only got to putting in the live rock in so got a while for cycle to finish do I need to put any treatment in the tank that will kill any pests that have hitched a ride on the rock if yes what's the bet to get?

Hi All,

I'm new to the world of SW and started my first tank only at the live rock stage and cycling at the mo so just looking for some advice.
someone informed me that live rock can come with pests overseen a free clear looking big walking around on the rock there really tiny and a little work looking thing it's red in couloir do I need to get treatment for it? Ifso what should I get? Many thanks can

tidders1980 said:
Hi All,

I'm new to the world of SW and started my first tank only at the live rock stage and cycling at the mo so just looking for some advice.
someone informed me that live rock can come with pests overseen a free clear looking big walking around on the rock there really tiny and a little work looking thing it's red in couloir do I need to get treatment for it? Ifso what should I get? Many thanks can

Sorry for the spelling it's a little red worm thing

I'm not aware of any treatments to kill pests that won't also kill the good bacteria on the live rock. I'd just keep close observation and see what type , if any, pests you get.

Only a few are actually nuisances, the rest have can prove beneficial to the tank if you're looking for a complete ecosystem.

Flreefer said:
The worm is most likely just a bristle worm, a good scavenger to have.

Ok cool so just leave everything a is then, tank been running 2 week so far so think I have a little more time To go befor putting anything in went to LFS and they tested Waterford me and said looking good to happy so far just want to patent and do it to the letter thank you for the advice

all4wheels2 said:
I'm not aware of any treatments to kill pests that won't also kill the good bacteria on the live rock. I'd just keep close observation and see what type , if any, pests you get.

Only a few are actually nuisances, the rest have can prove beneficial to the tank if you're looking for a complete ecosystem.

Ok Brilliant thank you, just learning a much as I can from here an taking every step bit by bit. Only have live rock at the moment but hoping to put a clean up crew in a few weeks time :) once again thank you for the Advice

Back
Top Bottom