Petco near me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragonwolf

Aquarium Advice Regular
While looking for a male Opaline Gourami yesterday, I stopped by Petco (where I picked up my female) to see if they had any in stock. They didn't, however my reason for writing this post is I saw them selling CAEs 5 for $5. I couldn't believe it. They are already telling people that CAEs are fine in aquariums as small as 10 gallon, and now they have them on sale for a buck a piece. You would need a huge tank (or multiple large tanks) to be able to house 5 CAEs. And the sale notice was covering the informational part of the price CAE price tag!

This just really bugged me when I saw this. Some new aquarium hobbyist is going to go in there getting 5 CAEs and not know what they are getting into.

That's how I got my two Golden CAE's for a 10g a year ago!! Needless to say they are both in a 46g tank & happy little boogers, I actually love these guys. The Petco employee told me they were pretty much grown when I bought them & that 2 would be fine for a 10g. Yeah, OK, did my own research after the fact & that was when I truly knew not to trust store employees. I do my own research ahead of time then I can ask some questions already knowing the answers & I can then tell who knows what they're talking about & who doesn't.

Yeah, I've pretty much quit asking questions at Petco or PetSmart. I ask questions at the LFS's but pretty much just go into Petco or PetSmart if I can't find a fish at the LFS.

Back
Top Bottom