Petco Sale!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
George9 said:
My dads about to crack, I can tell!

Lol your doing a good job at convincing then! What is your technique? (How are you convincing him)

maxwellag said:
Lol your doing a good job at convincing then! What is your technique? (How are you convincing him)

Well, I just bring the sale up whenever possible, I copied the flyer and put it on his bed, I leave notes, send texts when he's at work. Don't tell her exactly what your going to do. I told my dad I was going to set it up in the next few months. I would tell her it's such a great deal you can't pass up!

And if she collects something or buys a lot of something, bring it up! My dad says you dont need more tanks, I tell him you don't need another set of speakers or a vintage stereo ( collects em lol)

Remember:::**DONT ANNOY THEM OR MAKE THEM YELL. If she says no, dont argue. Just try later. And talk to her when she's in a good mood.

George9 said:
Well, I just bring the sale up whenever possible, I copied the flyer and put it on his bed, I leave notes, send texts when he's at work. Don't tell her exactly what your going to do. I told my dad I was going to set it up in the next few months. I would tell her it's such a great deal you can't pass up!

And if she collects something or buys a lot of something, bring it up! My dad says you dont need more tanks, I tell him you don't need another set of speakers or a vintage stereo ( collects em lol)

Remember:::**DONT ANNOY THEM OR MAKE THEM YELL. If she says no, dont argue. Just try later. And talk to her when she's in a good mood.

Ok, ill try it. Lol.

George9 said:
Good luck! You got 17 days!

Lol thanks! My mom says that she doesn't want another tank, but I might be able to talk her into another one. She also says "where would you put it?" And I tell her that I would put it where my betas tanks are right now. That would be a good spot for it, especially if I had a canister filter, because it has cord holes that go to the cabinet below! :) what do I say if she says that it seems like I always want more and more fish stuff. She says why can't I just be satisfied with what I have. But I love fish! It is so fun to set up the tank, watch the fish, and everything! :)

maxwellag said:
Lol thanks! My mom says that she doesn't want another tank, but I might be able to talk her into another one. She also says "where would you put it?" And I tell her that I would put it where my betas tanks are right now. That would be a good spot for it, especially if I had a canister filter, because it has cord holes that go to the cabinet below! :) what do I say if she says that it seems like I always want more and more fish stuff. She says why can't I just be satisfied with what I have. But I love fish! It is so fun to set up the tank, watch the fish, and everything! :)

Oooh, I always get the why can't you be happy with what you have! I tell my parents I have mts ( multiple tank syndrome) or I just pretend they didn't say that lol. That's a tough one

George9 said:
Oooh, I always get the why can't you be happy with what you have! I tell my parents I have mts ( multiple tank syndrome) or I just pretend they didn't say that lol. That's a tough one

Ok. Ill try the mts thing. Lol.

Lol thats what i did.... I told my dad that i wouldnt set it up for a month or to... But i also payed fore it myself so i think that helped lol

Cichildlife said:
Lol thats what i did.... I told my dad that i wouldnt set it up for a month or to... But i also payed fore it myself so i think that helped lol

My dad said talk to your mom when I aske him instead of no, so I'm getting closer. But of course I can't talk to my mom because it's a no before I can even finish

Cichildlife said:
Awwwww keep tryin?

I'm certian I'll get a yes from dad and we'll get it without moms input. That's usually how it goes.

How is your 20 g comin? Did you get the equipment and stuff?

No i have all the gravel nd decor but no hood... Gonna use the filter i have from my old tank nd bubble thingy to nd then heaters as well lol all i need is a hood

Cichildlife said:
No i have all the gravel nd decor but no hood... Gonna use the filter i have from my old tank nd bubble thingy to nd then heaters as well lol all i need is a hood

Nice! I can't wait to see it set up.

Yea! I know!!!!!!! I gonna hopefully start this weekend. Im using old filter nd heater nd gravel so i should be able to put fish in about a week right?

Cichildlife said:
Yea! I know!!!!!!! I gonna hopefully start this weekend. Im using old filter nd heater nd gravel so i should be able to put fish in about a week right?

Is the filter running in a tank now?

Yup, with an established filter you can add fish very soon, maybe like a a day. If you don't add fish or dose ammonia soon after you add tour established filter to the new tank, the bacteria will die.

Back
Top Bottom