Pezzep's 75g Rimless Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like it. It's very brown but it works because it looks natural. The bright colors of the fish really offset the brown.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What lighting are you using for this tank?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

some 4 bulb T8 fixture my brother had gotten from Home Depot I believe, eventually wanna go LEDs but money's tight right now so waiting a bit, maybe Christmas ;)

I like it. It's very brown but it works because it looks natural. The bright colors of the fish really offset the brown.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks! ya I think it's cause that background I wish I attempted to take it off before I set the tank up I would've prefered just a plan black background.
hopefully when all the plants grow in it'll cover it up well

got some cherry shrimp off my brother hopefully they find enough hiding spots to not get picked off by my rams. He also gave me a 7.5g tank he made its almost a 1/10th scale of my 75 the dimensions are just a bit off just need a dresser for my clothes and to act as a stand and I'll probably set up a nice little shrimp tank. Will post a progress pic of the 75g in a couple weeks time when hopefully my new plant I got a week or so ago starts growing in, keeps getting uprooted from my cories and loaches so it's having a hard time

I believe Gillie uses slurpee lids to protect his plants. They are clear so if they get a little uncovered it doesn't really show. You might have better luck doing something like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
not much of an update on the 75g the new plant I had died off got uprooted too much, my brothers moving so he gave me a bunch of stuff like a giant clump of hc he had growing on top of some driftwood and a huge mat of dwarf hair grass that is now in my 7.5g shrimp tank also got some German blue Rams off him few guppies I took just cause for the nano some bronze cories and otos.

here's the shrimp tank so far, want a bushy plant of some sort probably for the back behind the rocks, I plan on getting a pair of scarlet badis when the shrimp colony is bigger so I want a little more coverage for them to hide in probably put some pothos plant in the tank too and have it grow out or in the hang on back filter. probably have to suspended the light eventually too before algae grows it's a finnex planted plus with the moonlight option had it on my 20g, long ago no co2 for this tank just dosing metricide
img_3302671_0_1904e879485577447b3f4717b888aa9f.jpg

not much of an update on the 75g the new plant I had died off got uprooted too much, my brothers moving so he gave me a bunch of stuff like a giant clump of hc he had growing on top of some driftwood and a huge mat of dwarf hair grass that is now in my 7.5g shrimp tank also got some German blue Rams off him few guppies I took just cause for the nano some bronze cories and otos.

here's the shrimp tank so far, want a bushy plant of some sort probably for the back behind the rocks, I plan on getting a pair of scarlet badis when the shrimp colony is bigger so I want a little more coverage for them to hide in probably put some pothos plant in the tank too and have it grow out or in the hang on back filter. probably have to suspended the light eventually too before algae grows it's a finnex planted plus with the moonlight option had it on my 20g, long ago no co2 for this tank just dosing metricide
img_3302751_0_1904e879485577447b3f4717b888aa9f.jpg

If you can you should go pressurized co2,so much potential to be limited with glut as your only carbon source...ludwigia arucata would look sweet up behind the rocks..

sit in silence...

If you can you should go pressurized co2,so much potential to be limited with glut as your only carbon source...ludwigia arucata would look sweet up behind the rocks..

sit in silence...

I do have a 20lb co2 tank on the 75g but that would be quite the reach if I was to do a split and pump to both, maybe I'll see if my brother will let me use his paintball canister co2 unit since he plans on getting a larger one when he gets his house. As for the plant I like the look of it but wanting something that'll stay more green since all the inhabitants will be red. I almost want to do a scarlet badis biotope but I just love the hair grass too much and have no clue really what their natural habitat looks like other then it's usually heavily planted

little update, changed things around got Christmas moss for the driftwood certain plants growing slow others thriving like my hydrophil in the centre back, rotala doesn't seem to be doing too hot growing real slow same with the scarlet temple tho I believe they're slow growers. Got two pearl gouramis and a peters elephant nose, want to get some cheap lid soon since I heard they can be jumpers was scared the first day I got him the little bugger his so well I couldn't find him till lights out at least I know he'll be happy with all the caves and such to hide in during the day. Kinda wanna get regular sand and cap all the gravel with it I think the look would be nicer but don't wanna mess with my HC the last batch I had all got up rooted this one seems to be rooted so waiting for it to carpet, slow and steady wins the race right? seems like one of my rams might have Popeye from territorial battles probably scraped it on a rock trying to keep the water quality as pristine as possible to help heal it, any other suggestions on healing it other than medications?
SGtLloe.jpg

Nano tanks an algae farm right now lol just algae on the glass tho dwarf hair grass is thriving under the high light see runners and new leaves all the time, can't keep cherry shrimp for the life of me tho almost all are dead at first I thought it might've been cause I was doing too much too often (too big of water changes making the temp off, feeding too much, possible copper pipes used for hot water so copper in water) but then I started doing less since the algae is clearly enough for them to eat and they're still slowly dying one by one I'm down to like 3-4 now perimeters are fine too I haven't checked the hardness of the water here yet going to do that sometime soon I have a ph gh and kh test

I use cold water for the copper pipe reason and heat it on the stove to digital thermometer 75f, then Prime it and put it in, check gh and use Equilibrium to get it to 7. YMMV :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I use cold water for the copper pipe reason and heat it on the stove to digital thermometer 75f, then Prime it and put it in, check gh and use Equilibrium to get it to 7. YMMV :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

yeah as of lately I've been using the cold water tap only I'll fill a bucket put in prime let it sit in the bucket until it's room temp then use a heater to get the temp to what I want and then top off my tank/do changes as needed, hopefully all goes well with the last remanding shrimp I have now that I'm doing this, the only reason I feel it's not copper is cause wouldn't they die off all together? not one here and there spaced out by a day or more and all my other inverts are fine like trumpet snails, nerite snails, pond snails.

seems like one of my rams might have Popeye from territorial battles probably scraped it on a rock trying to keep the water quality as pristine as possible to help heal it, any other suggestions on healing it other than medications?
SGtLloe.jpg

Epsom salt may relieve some pressure behind the rams eye and maybe good for plants anyways???or at least less harmful then many meds?
treatments are always better in QTs.
1-3 teaspoons per 5g.

Tank looks great!

Epsom salt may relieve some pressure behind the rams eye and maybe good for plants anyways???or at least less harmful then many meds?
treatments are always better in QTs.
1-3 teaspoons per 5g.

Tank looks great!

I've read not to use salt with scaleless fish such as cories and elephant noses is Epsom salts made up of the same things as regular aquarium salt or is it entirely different? I think I read somewhere it's made up of magnesium sulphate or something along those lines which I believe some people use for plants I can't remember tho I might even have some kicking around.

Epsom salt is different then table/aquarium/cichlid 'salt'.
I use Epsom salt to remineralize my ro water and it is often recommended for constipated fish.
It helps fish with osmoregulation.

Swelling of the fish’s eye will diminish with time, assuming the fish is healthy in other regards, and is provided with optimal water conditions and a healthy diet. Epsom salt helps to reduce swelling when used at a dose of 1 to 3 teaspoons per 5 gallons. While Epsom salt can be used in both freshwater and saltwater aquariums, fish are best treated this way in a quarantine tank rather than the main display aquarium.

Taken from;

Popeye in Fish

Back
Top Bottom