Ph

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mkeuper6361

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all. My Ph is 7.6 (regular) - 8.0 (high range) I am wanting so neon tetras and i am wondering if this is a good ph range. Thanks!

My neons are fine with 7.6. Generally locally purchased neons are already acclimated to your local water as that is typically what most shops will use.

That ph range is fine for neon tetras. Their preferred ph is actually 7.6. But, your tank's actual ph is less important than keeping whatever the ph is stable. Most fish can adopt to a wide range of ph as long as it is stable. But, many will suffer greatly if the fluctuation is great.

That ph range is fine for neon tetras. Their preferred ph is actually 7.6. But, your tank's actual ph is less important than keeping whatever the ph is stable. Most fish can adopt to a wide range of ph as long as it is stable. But, many will suffer greatly if the fluctuation is great.
Thank you so much!! i have been cycling my tank for about 3-4 weeks (My ph was wonk) it finally settled to 7.6 for the past two weeks. hasn't changed. Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom