Pic of my small pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fluffyntex

Aquarium Advice Freak
My son and I put in the small pond last month, Last week I added a Lily and we put some rock around it. Planted Cannas along 2 sides for shade and scattered some old sun baked pieces of mesquite around it. This morning I go out and there are NO lily pads floating. I go out for a closer look and all of the pads are shredded and floating around the edges of the pond. Seems my Dachshund had fun shredding them. So, I moved the Dachshund to the side yard much to her dismay hehe. The Lily pads will grow back as the plant itself is unharmed. Just gonna take a few weeks.
img_871298_0_b606ccc2bfcbf67c9d4bb1bf442affb7.jpg

I will post pics again when they are back and by that time the cannas should be up pretty tall. I put 6 guppies in the pond last week to keep mosquitos out for the time being, until I can find some goldfish. My local lfs didn't have any. While I was picking the shredded leaves out tho I did see several baby guppies. I also tossed in a handful of pond snails.
Can't wait to get the large pond in. I found a large Octagon shaped Hot tub someone dumped and we are going to bury it and make it into a pond. It still has all the filter hoses attached all I have to do it hook it up to my pump. I am estimating it to be about 400 gallons.

Added 4 small comets to the pond yesterday. The Lily Pads have grown back real nice and I added some Duckweed.

Oh I love that picture! It is turning out really well. I want to build a pond myself either this year or next summer, will have to wait and see how much else of my to do list gets done. :)

Thanks! I am hoping to find some more rocks, My son and I found those on a caliche road in the field behind our house. There were several large purple rocks buried with just a little showing at the top and when we started digging them up they started chipping up in slices. I really like them. We found the little molded pond in the field also and the mesquite. Not bad for a free pond hehe. Can't wait to get started on the big one. It is a large 6 person hot tub (also free) Octagon shaped.

I have been looking at this thread from time to time. Laughing at the evil doxie part and thinking how cute that lil' pond is. I really like it, and what a nice project for you and your son. :)

yaaaaaaaaay ponds
i've been spending a lot of time fantasizing about ponds lately. totally jealous.

Back
Top Bottom