Picked up a cool and rare new fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sinibotia

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ever see a fish that you just never see, and you know you have to have it right now? Not talking about a mystery impulse buy, but when you know exactly what it is and it's just too good to pass up. Today at a fish store I'd never been to I found a Schistura obeini, which happens to not be on the "approved" list (apparently no one bothers to enforce it). I absolutely loooove rare loach species so I had to pick it up. I've got it in a 10 gallon "quarantine tank" with some corys and guppies while I cycle my 20 gallon tanks. Once theyre cycled I'll put him in one of those. I'll post some pics ASAP.

Yeah, I'm bad about impulsive buying. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah, I'm bad about impulsive buying. Lol

I'm generally good about it, but rare loaches are my krytonite. In any case, this might be best moved to a different forum since I guess there's actually a seperate forum for this kind of thing

Terrible for it myself. The classic one for me in the past is seeing something and not buying it there and then because its borderline for the intended tank in some way, but stewing on it for several days and eventually going back for it. Been a bit overstocked in the past because of this!
I'm a bit more controlled these days but still have my moments. I think ive been through pretty much everything ive ever wanted to try over the past three years so am at a point where theres not much i want that i haven't already got. Except maybe a Rainbow Snakehead.....:)

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

10350413_692160087524795_8747554387180767934_n.jpg

10649979_692161384191332_6500426549247838738_n.jpg

Not great pictures but we're working on it! The lighting on the tanks is mediocre and she's not very cooperative xD

Tip: On my iPhone I take a video then watch it and when there's a good view of the fish take a screen shot! It's the easiest way to get amazing pics!

Back
Top Bottom