pics of my sick plants-advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

akagochi

Aquarium Advice Activist
set up: 55 gal planted community, 45 community fish.water parameters are normal. I have had a recent snail outbreak, and my 2 clown loaches don't seem to be enough to cut them back. I have recently (today)cut my feeding back to every other day instead of daily. I dose with seachem's flourish excel, and flourish comprehensive. running automatic Co2.

Question: 1. are these holes in the plants from the snails?
2. What type of deficiency could be occurring for the leaves to be turning yellow, and breaking up like this? iron?

What should I do to get my plants back to health?

Thanks a ton!

Attachments

• sick plant jan 2012.jpg
    sick plant jan 2012.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 121
  • sick plant 2 jan 2012.jpg
    sick plant 2 jan 2012.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 99
  • sick plant 3 jan 2012.jpg
    sick plant 3 jan 2012.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 118
  • sick plant 4 jan 2012.jpg
    sick plant 4 jan 2012.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 86
Thanks Chem. I will check the parameters this weekend and get back. what is a source of phosphates?

Here what you need for your plants when light turn on.

Nitrate -10
Po4 - .30
fer (micro) - .30
cal - 20
mag - 60
Potassium - efficiency rare

Do change slowly. Hope that helps.

P.s. Phosphate come from tap water.Phosphate can only be added with fertilizer. I recommend dry powder P04 (potassium sulfur).

Some phosphates might be in your water, but it varies heavily based on where you are. I don't have any in mine.

As far as getting phosphates, I think Seachem sells a phosphate specific fert, but I wouldn't use that. I use dry ferts, so I an freely add any fertilizer I want with minimal effort and cost. That's certainly what I would recommend.

Back
Top Bottom