Pict of 10 gal before it get broken down.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gfink

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm breaking down my 10 gal (30W NO) and moving the content over to my 29 which I am in the process of upgrading to high light.

In the picture you can see how NOT to plant hairgrass. :oops:
I broke up the pot of hairgrass I got into 2 or 3 big bunches. Well apparently it was grown emersed, so now I have an ugly algae clump grass thing in the center with nice new runners radiating out from it. I later read that it was better to split it up into much smaller clumps, then you can trim the emersed growth away easier after it takes off.

To its right is some cabomba which was doing well for months until I over trimmed it. Ever since it has sort of died off. I just recently replanted the tips which looked the best in an effort to regrow them. We'll see how they do.

I'm looking forward to having more room in the 29.

Attachments

• img_0690__medium__108.jpg
    img_0690__medium__108.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 53
Still looks pretty nice to me! I recently moved from a 10 to a 20 gallon. It seemed way bigger at first, out of room again! Little harder to balance ferts in the 20, but getting it down slowly. Definatly worth the change.

Nice tank. Love the shape of 29gal tanks and look forward to yours :)

Back
Top Bottom