Pierced Oscars? Ugh......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marc118

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone ever heard of this? To say the least I am disgusted and some people ( I cant even call them members ) in the community have hit a new low. Not only is that tank wayyyyy too small, but these fish have holes in thier faces!

img_779457_0_3ca33b012420e5d3ecd42ed419d7c6a5.jpg

::Edited by Fishyfanatic::

whaaaaaaaaaaaat??

i hate to admit it looks cool, but it does. I don't think it is right, I think it is akin to peircing babies ears before they are consenting, but whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??

This strikes me as more of a "why would anyone do this?" from a curiosity point of view, not a moral point of view. I'm pretty sure fish have very little in the way of nerve endings in their mouths, so it wouldn't be any more of a discomfort than what my oscar would do to himself on a daily basis by bashing into rocks, but still. Why would anyone do that? I suspect that it would fall out before too long, and trying to get it in in the first place can't be a fun time.

That's awful.

Even when I had a piercing in my own face just like that I wouldn't wear the spike... :(

It wouldnt fall out over time unless it got ripped out, those have a screw on backing with a small disc to keep it in.

Im curious too...just very striking...I just dont have it in me to pierce an animal...

Being an open wound im not sure if there is enough flesh there to get infected or not...

It never stops being surprising just how little people treat fish as pets and how more like accessories to their lifestyles... :(
Along with those dyed fish, it says everything about the owner.

GOOD GOD.

coldmachineUK said:
It never stops being surprising just how little people treat fish as pets and how more like accessories to their lifestyles... :(
Along with those dyed fish, it says everything about the owner.
Totally agree.
I have no problem with people piercing whatever they want on themselves, but leave the fish (and other animals) out of it.

I second all the smarty-pants comments made on that YouTube page too.

o dear lord. that's worse than the dyeing of fish! good god man, that's sick. people like that should be banned from owning fish and then they ought to be reported to a mental health clinic for the sadistic. seriosly, what sort of sick mind would conceive that sort of...ornamentation.

I want to say I cant beleive some one would do that, but for some reason Im not surprised. Some humans just arent up to par up there in the brain. I hate how People do stupid things to fish. I dont get it, its like fish arent real living creatures to them. I treat my fish like any other pet, like Id treat my dog. Its sad...you would never see that done to a dog...and oscars are just like dogs that live in water ...and are fish.

rwhayley said:
It's very sick and wrong, but at the same time very intriguing I may have to make this my avatar for awhile

Please don't support this idea or 'advertise' it in any way.

I saw this on another site, it is pretty sick. Apperently the guy who does this is a tatoo are body "modification" artist, if you can call him an artist.

It does suit the oscars though.

::Edited by FishyFanatic::

MyCatsDrool said:
I think it is akin to piercing babies ears before they are consenting
It's much easier to pierce little girls ears before they are 6 months since they tend to not mess with them (reducing infection) than when you do it later on or when they "consent" to wanting it done.

Most little girls eventually do want their ears pierced and can easily remove them at a later date if they choose not to want them.

Piercing fish on the other hand is not normal and they do not consent to it.

Back
Top Bottom