Specifically clear plasti dip in tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thunderwolf

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm just getting into the hobby with a 55 gallon freshwater tank at 8.0 ph and 78°. I have some small items I want to introduce to my tank but they are unsafe for the fish. I've done hours of research over the past 3 or 4 days looking at everything from silicone to level to epoxy for coating these items but I think what's best for me is plastidip. I've seen dozens of people online say it is completely safe, but my question is if the clear or glossifier cans share this. I bought a can of glossifier before I knew there was a normal clear and a glossifier, so I already have that but I can go get the other kind. Has anyone used this in their tank? Any other better recommendations? After the full curing the normal colors at least are completely safe.

*Edit: Items are bottle caps*

It's really not worth it. Can you use the bottle caps as a background on the exterior?

Yeah thanks normal paint I know takes like a week or two to fully cure but I guess this stuff is 24 hours but I'd probably wait 48 anyway. I think I'm just going to end up scrapping the idea which kinda sucks because when I ordered them it took like 2 days for me to go wait metal isn't good for fish so now I'm stuck with them. Whoops.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom