Pigment problems?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank9498

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently purchased an Oscar from my live fish store. He's a pretty good size at around 4". He is a normal tiger Oscar but he is lighter color than most oscars and I just want to know if he has a pigment issue. I'll post a pic in a bit.

I feed hikari color enhancing and dried shrimp.

Coloration change has nothing to do with diet but rather the fishes mood, oscars will run like a kaleidoscope based on their current temperment. Plus what a Oscar looks like now will have no resemblance to their final coloration as adults. This color morph can go from pale to black in seconds depending on his/her current feelings, this is one of the reasons they're referred to as wet pets since they actually show feelings and personality. Feed him/her a quality diet and keep the water parameters clean with a nitrate concentration below 20ppm and you'll have that fish for 10+ years, unforturnely a good portion of oscars sold today did from fatty liver disease and head and lateral line errosion(HLLE).

image-394703182.jpg

My water parameters are perfect and he shows no sign of illness. He always looks like this though so I don't think it's a mood thing.

My tiger oscar was white and black this morning and was acting very aggressive towards my sailfin Molly. I ended up getting the Molly out of the tank and when I came into my room an hour later my oscar was back to his normal color.... Thoughts??

Attachments

• image-2226919598.jpg
    image-2226919598.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom