Pipe Organ Placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willbratz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had this pipe organ about a month and it is definitely growing new "sprouts". Does the water flow seem to be to much. This pipe organ lives its life with this much flow on it. I want it to thrive and grow, but I don't want to damage it by having 80% of it always in this state.. photos attached.

Attachments

• image-110373767.jpg
    image-110373767.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 117
  • image-2752158877.jpg
    image-2752158877.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 108
I keep mine in low flow low light and get great growth. Just fragged mine a couple days ago once it reached baseball size (only the size of a dime when I bought it)

What type of lighting are you using and what's your sandbed depth? My low light may be your medium-high light. I've got a 6 bulb tek elite.

Edit* also, I would keep it away from any rock work because once it begins encrusting a rock it can be a pain to keep it at bay. They grow like brain corals when on the sand.

What type of lighting are you using and what's your sandbed depth? My low light may be your medium-high light. I've got a 6 bulb tek elite.

Edit* also, I would keep it away from any rock work because once it begins encrusting a rock it can be a pain to keep it at bay. They grow like brain corals when on the sand.

I'm running 2 daylight and 2 blues @ 254 watts. My sand bed is about 2 inches of crushed coral. However I'll be switching over to 2 metal halides and 2 compact fluorescents within the month.

Back
Top Bottom