Piranha

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Technically if your going to upgrade then any fish would be fine in a 20 gallon, the question is how LONG can they stay in the 20 gallon? How many do you plan to get? And how long are you planning on keeping them in a 20 gal?

how many pirahna, how big will the future tank be, do u realise how big they get? lol

if u want anything in with a pirahna, introduce it to the tank FIRST then add the pirahna while the pirahna are small juvies. this technique has worked, other times not. but i have seen quite a few oscars in with pirahna tanks so it is possible.

i can reccomend things like shellies (lamprologus occelatus), assorted apistogrammas, 5-6 dwarf cichlids like pseudocrenilabrus nicholsii, a few kribensis or an angel tank, since you seem to like personality fish like cichlids :)
or a big mix of barbs and tetras
or a crab tank
or a big guppy or molly tank
so many options for a 20! xx

A 6 inch fish does not belong in a 20 gallon tank, though. You'd be better off with a 50 gallon tank for that size fish.

Just think: small tank, small fish

a 6 inch fish in a tank with dimensions 2 times it's size all around with a penguin 200 power filter... yeah, It's cruel

It's just my opinion that larger fish deserve larger tanks. If you don't find that you feel the same, that's fine, but there's no reason to be snide.....

That's not how I read it, but hey, I've been known to be wrong before. I think it was a Thursday. :D

Lynda, think of the pretty fishies :L:L
have a look at some dwarf species they have. some are spectacular! take the cockatoo cichlid for example. beautiful! or the shellies, they are wicked when i see them in the lfs x

rams are gentle and pretty, would go with many things and are quite easily pleased. i think you have a winner there if u like them, but watch out for water quality! x

Rams are cool looking fish, love them. I've had mine well over a month now and are doing great, as long as you keep on top of water changes, as mentioned, they will be perfect!

Back
Top Bottom