placement and parts for water movement in a 180g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
i brought the wet/dry filter with overflow box coming, and i'm wondering whats the best devices for water movement? should i use powerheads on each side etc is there a better solution for a 30" tall tank, i understand with a tank this high a powerhead would have a heck of a time breaking the water surface

www.oceansmotion.com Check out their 4 way and 8 way. I picked up the Super Squirt for my 135 (powered by a Gen-X PCX70) but I'm thinking bout trading it back in for a 8 way. You can plumb closed loop entirely o'er the top, no drilling required. I'm schizzy about losing my water, so that's how I'm doing it. These little gadgets would appear expensive at first, but vs. the cost of 8 powerheads and their replacements, not to mention the electricity saved from NOT having a gazillion powerheads, they're really not that spendy at all. Just gotta take it in perspective. And with their revolutions, you can really get some serious random current going. As deep as your tank is, you really need to have some current plumbed down low, something to send water from the bottom of the tank up across the rocks and towards your overflow. Otherwise, all the crap is going to build up on the bottom and in your rocks, and it'll never quite make it to the overflow. At least, that's the idea I have. Then again... a million reefers = a million and a half ideas. G'luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom