Planning my 240 Help Me out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would like to discuss what dimensions would be best for the tank FOWLR. I want larger fish in the tank and aggressive. So maybe Ill need to go with a different size tank idk lets see what you think.

Here are the fish I would like in it

Purple Tang
Large Angel
Snowflake eel
Blue Line Grouper
Blue Hamlet (dont know much about them just looks cool)
Cat Shark
Niger Trigger
Clown Trigger
Dragon Wrasse

Im looking at tanks on GlassCages Currently I am thinking 240 Long 96 x 24 x 25 Tall but I feel that its not wide enough and that I should have at least a 36" width in order to accommodate those larger fish.

The 280g is 72x36x25 but would this be to short then?

I would go with the 240. The open water swimming space (length + width) is higher at 120" vs 108" on the 280.

How long are the bigger fish you're looking at?

Will you have this tank shipped to you or do you live close and you'll pick it up? Man that would be a ridiculous amount of money to have shipped.

Will you have this tank shipped to you or do you live close and you'll pick it up? Man that would be a ridiculous amount of money to have shipped.

I will be able to pick it up from my LFS who said they will order me it and i wont have to pay shipping

img_2169646_0_d04ad26a43d42c5cf6562e7aa06093bd.png

img_2169646_1_f9c3e26b4c23e1bbf7d7114b48243c11.png

Some ideas i am sketching up

I want them to be 5ft off the ground so you can view them at eye level. So for easier cleaning im making a "Step" that goes all the way around that i can stand on that will bost me up 2ft or so so that i can reach in and clean the tanks.

Yeah figured that out after reading your other thread. I guess short people or children won't be able to view the tank! :lol:

I don't know...what if you get in an accident and will be in a wheelchair for the rest of your life. You'll regret it forever. :lol: There's many what ifs! I have my tank 4 ft up which I like more than if I was crouching down to see if I had a standard stand.

I don't know...what if you get in an accident and will be in a wheelchair for the rest of your life. You'll regret it forever. :lol: There's many what ifs! I have my tank 4 ft up which I like more than if I was crouching down to see if I had a standard stand.

Well if im in a wheel chair ill have bigger problem then not being able to see my tank. lol

Ok so i think im going to go with a 125g for the sump. going to try and find one on Craigslist in the mean time but they normally cost more to buy used then new for some reason.

Also what will i be needing in terms of GPH for my return pump?

Check for leaks! Maybe ask them to fill it to where the silicon is submersed (an inch of water) so you can just see. I guess scratches don't matter since it's a sump.

Might be safer in the end. :)

for sure.

I want to discuss the 40g also. Do you think that a 75g sump would be to much? I am going to do the 40g before the 240 to get an idea on how to do the process of putting a tank in the wall.

I was going to just use the one i currently have but I want it to match the other tank so ill get it from glasscages and have starfire glass put on it and what not.

Back
Top Bottom