Plant concerns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brendude

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So ive had these plants for a couple of weeks and some are concerning me. My s repens were grown out of water and i was told that they would melt a little at first but im not sure if this is the case at this point. They seem to be doing a more than melting just a little. Also my buce flora looks to be dying, is it? And whats the issue? Finally my gratiola red came almost dead but is sprouting on the top and i was wondering if i should try to cut off the shoot and replant it yet or if I should wait longer. I dose flourish excel and flourish thus far and my lighting is 11 wats for a 5 gal. 20170827_013057.jpg20170827_013049.jpg20170827_013043.jpg

The S repens does not look that bad. Just look for new leaves sprouting.
I believe the buce should not be planted in the substrate. I suppose it could but it looks a little too deep.
As for the other stem plant, I would let the new growth get larger and then trim and replant it.

What type of lighting are you using?
I'm using a stingray Finnex 20 inch, it has an output of 11 watts and I know that isn't a lot but my baby tears seem to be doing ok, so should I replant the buce or just dig it up a little? I have super glue for plants, should I just glue it to my driftwood?

I'm using a stingray Finnex 20 inch, it has an output of 11 watts and I know that isn't a lot but my baby tears seem to be doing ok, so should I replant the buce or just dig it up a little? I have super glue for plants, should I just glue it to my driftwood?

Yep glue it to the driftwood. If the repens were grown emersed u can expect to loose every leaf. Emersed grown leaves can't survive in submerged state so they will shed every last one of them. Look for signs of new growth. [emoji106]

Yep glue it to the driftwood. If the repens were grown emersed u can expect to loose every leaf. Emersed grown leaves can't survive in submerged state so they will shed every last one of them. Look for signs of new growth. [emoji106]
Ahh ok thanks, i am seeing some new growth on the top, I really appreciate all your help! [emoji1]

Ahh ok thanks, i am seeing some new growth on the top, I really appreciate all your help! [emoji1]

Awesome [emoji16] they are a nice hardy plant so they will bounce back really fast once they adjust [emoji106]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom