Plant help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnlucky5

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys I just got a 20inch t5 Ho light set and I was wondering how long I should have it on, so I don't get algae? Now I have it on for 10 hours. T5 colormax and 6500k light bulbs. Thanks

You'll get varying answers here. I leave mine on for 10 hours, others do 6-8 or 6-10. I have 2 snails and a bristle nose pleco, so I'm OK with a little algae, it doesn't stay visible for long. Others like the look of some algae.

Sent from my mobile aquarium device

I know very little about snails so take this as you will.

I rescued a tank and inherited one assassin snail with it. Not thinking much about it I tossed him in a hospital tank for about three weeks. During that time I setup the 29 gallon rehomed tank he came with in my office which has a window near it. After 3 weeks there was some alge growth and he was deemed safe so I tossed him back in his original home.

The growth of the alge has started to reverse with him living there. So to answer your question I would say that IF assasin snails have no other snail target, then yes, they will help with alge problems on a small scale.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my N861 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom