Plant Info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeborahAnne

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Peeps,

130 litre fresh water tank in its second week and just planting it now.

I got a mini Lilly pad and in just 4 days it's grown heaps I'm surprised! Is this normal?

What other plants grow fast?

I have a large Amazon Sword that's just normal, and some enubis

Anyway I'm not good with the names of these plant lol

Thanks guys

Attachments

• image-2854883281.jpg
    image-2854883281.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 73
To answer plant questions, people are going to know what kind of light and substrate you have... Makes al the difference.

Gosh I bought my tank sexing hand so I have no idea they are just a bright fluro one is blue one white..

Substrate is a fine natural pebble..

Do you know the brand of your light? Do you by chance know the previous owner and what kind of tank they kept? I'm wondering I the blue bulb is actinic, which is for marine tanks with corals. If so, my guess is that its a pretty good fixture, but I would swap the blue bulb for a roseate bulb. They're better for freshwater, specifically planted.

Do you know the brand of your light? Do you by chance know the previous owner and what kind of tank they kept? I'm wondering I the blue bulb is actinic, which is for marine tanks with corals. If so, my guess is that its a pretty good fixture, but I would swap the blue bulb for a roseate bulb. They're better for freshwater, specifically planted.

I'm not sure, I think it may have been a marine set up.. It's an Aqua 620T 130 litres

I'll look into doing that as my local FS says they need changing every 12 months..

I can take the whole unit in as it disconnects from tank..

I took a few pics, not sure if you can help from these or not!

Thanks for your attention :)

Attachments

• image-1580223320.jpg
    image-1580223320.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 46
  • image-3532480193.jpg
    image-3532480193.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom