Plant suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maximus13

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So this is my 40gB and I wanted taller low light plants that won't get out of control, anyone have some suggestions? even some lower or mid-level plant suggestions would be appreciated!

Attachments

• image-3975197027.jpg
    image-3975197027.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 55
Not sure what you mean by out of control but water sprite is nice, it grows fast, has a soft lacey texture, and is great for absorbing excess nutrients in the water. It can be trimmed with an easy snip or two to whatever height you want. It can also be floated but I think it looks better planted. Stem plants are going to require alittle more work but narrowleaf temple doesn't grow wild and spread all over. Looks like you already have a sword and some crypts. Corkscrew val doesn't get nearly as big as other vals and seems to grow at a slower pace. If it puts out a runner that you don't want just snip it off and take it out. Those are all pretty simple plants IMO.

Anarchis does not require much light and that stuff gets really tall. Some people have had strands several feet long! That stuff grows like a weed.

I think you have quite a few options, I'm partial to blyxa japonica myself. The various ludwigia species are always good go-to's for stem plants. Water wisteria is another great plant that takes up a good bit of space if you let it, but fills in the tank quite nicely and is low demand.

Back
Top Bottom