planted 29 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brhanse

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Long time lurker here, first time poster. I've been debating what to complete my 29g tank with. Have a couple Amazon Swords, an Anubia, and 4/5 Hornwort growing (quickly), and am looking for help with choices. Presently, there are 5 Albino Corys. The "definite" additions would be a single dwarf gourami and a couple assassin snails, beyond that I'm curious what else could be added without stressing the bioload too much. I was thinking:

1 Dwarf Gourami
5 Albino Corys
2 Assassin Snails
6-7 Zebra Danios/Cherry Barbs
1 BN Pleco (plant safe?)

Not sure if adding more than that is wise/doable with the plants I already have. Looking for some general feedback if it's out there. Thanks!

Stocking list sounds good. If you have good enough filtration you could do zebras and cherry barbs (5-6 each). I have a pearl gourami with 6 cherry barbs 6 pristella tetras and an albino BN in a planted 29gal

is the barbs and tetras the only thing your going to put with your gourami cause I have 8 prestilla tetras and am planning on getting maybe 5 corys a gourami and a bn pleco...would I have enough room to put another school if 6 in it mines 29g with a aquaclear 70

Stocking list sounds good. If you have good enough filtration you could do zebras and cherry barbs (5-6 each). I have a pearl gourami with 6 cherry barbs 6 pristella tetras and an albino BN in a planted 29gal

i also have 5 corys (2x panda 2x julii 1x bandit) didn't realize i hadn't mentioned that

ok so it wouldn't hurt to put another school in then cause I was thinking about a couple of pair fish but I just can't find any I really like mollys swordtails platys they are alright but Idk I want something different cause I know I have 8 prestillas, gonna get 5 or 6 corys a BN pleco and a pearl gourami but I didn't know what else to put in to complete my stock

also if you mix different kinds of corys like you do will they still school together cause I know they stick together but I've heard not to mix breeds when schooling

A school of smaller fish or a pair of live breeders I think would work for you. Im about as stocked as I can get and your school is bigger than mine so thats the most I would add to your setup.

All my corys intermingle and are quite active. Just get corys that are around the same adult size

Back to the OP. I think your stock is fine and if you have enough filtration you could get away with small schools of both :)

Back
Top Bottom