Planted ram cichlid tank clean up crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneu

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm building my first planted 75g tank. I already have fish in mind and plants that I want to plant.
I have flourite black sand substrate and some pieces of driftwood to tie some ferns and Anubis down.
The fish I want are German blue and electric blue ram cichlids. A pair of each.

My question is what kind of tank makes go good with these types of fish?
Also clean up crew. What should I use? Cory cats? Placos? Shrimp?
Has anyone done a combination like this? Does it work out ok? Or should I stick to oto's or something larger?

Thanks in advance

Blue rams, both German and electric (because they're actually the same thing), are not temperature compatible with nerites. Rams like water more acidic than snails can survive anyway. At least not without severe shell erosion.

If you have pairs, you may have spawning. If your fish spawn, they will murder anyone who comes near their eggs, even inadvertently.

I know pretty much nothing about shrimp, so I'll leave that to the experts.

Ok. I might steer clear of shrimp but any ideas for bottom feeders and algae eaters?

So I'm thinking oto cats and a small pleco for the algae eaters and Cory cats and possibly a dojo loach for the bottom eaters. Would this work with Rams and tetras?

Anything that hangs on the bottom of the tank is possible victim of a parent ram.Possibly Bushy nose plecos that will hang on wood mostly anyways..
Stay focused on fish that tolerate 80-82 for the rams.
Most say Sterbia cories are most heat resistant.
Don't get rams before your tank is mature . Most store bought rams are far too weak to handle that.
If you want top notch rams look for me on AQuaBid.(y)
For your water get a TDS meter and mix your RO with tap to get the same number going in EVERYTIME ,nothing lese matters besides temp..
I raise my rams in my tap ,but need to use ro to breed them..

Back
Top Bottom