Planted Vs. Corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
needmorecowbell said:
Join the salty side!! Whatcha wanna know?

I'll post a thread in the SW section.i dont want to hijack the OPs thread.

So far i've been all about planted, there are some gorgeous tanks out there either way you go though.

Alright ill check it out.

I like planted also because of the growth in plants.. Much faster than coral!

thread is called "Freshy thinking of taking the plunge..."
I apologize for hijacking. Its over now lol.

Plants can grow insanly fast. This was my tank after one week.

Attachments

• IMG_20120616_140434.jpg
    IMG_20120616_140434.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 66
skywhitney said:

Dang!! Feel free to send me some clippings lol

skywhitney said:

That is an incredible tank. Congrats!!

TankMan said:
That is an incredible tank. Congrats!!

Thank you :).

Convicts' pics are enough to make most freshys think that a reef would be just as nice and relaxing as a nice planted tank though.

Edit: removed pic

Last edited:
skywhitney said:
Thank you :).

Convicts' pics are enough to make most freshys think that a reef would be just as nice and relaxing as a nice planted tank though.

Edit: removed pic

Haha thanks! But I must say some planted tanks are just killer!

If you look up on YouTube "my 59 gallon planted Hagen tank" or something like that.... THAT Is my dream tank.

Eh i really cant say i agree with that. If that was the case i would have never gone into saltwater. Think about it, why would someone drop 5x the amount of money on saltwater if the fish were just as colorful?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Eh i really cant say i agree with that. If that was the case i would have never gone into saltwater. Think about it, why would someone drop 5x the amount of money on saltwater if the fish were just as colorful?

Exactly. In SW the fish's scales arent visible and they have neon coloring so their body pops under bluish lighting.

TankMan said:
Personally I find FW and SW to be equally colorful in fish...

Spoken like a true freshy I'd like to hear your answer if you ever go salty

I use to say the same thing until I got my first reef now there is no competition

ryan-peddle said:
Spoken like a true freshy I'd like to hear your answer if you ever go salty

I use to say the same thing until I got my first reef now there is no competition

Well of course there are some incomparable SW fish. But there are quite a few beautiful FW. Personally, I enjoy the dimly colored and dimly lighted tanks with green. It just seems more soothing (and far less bright for my bedroom ;) lol )

So the wife agreed to let me move my FW tank to a new 40b and i get to turn my 70 into a reef! Yay!

With that being said i'll revote again in a few months ;-)

skywhitney said:
So the wife agreed to let me move my FW tank to a new 40b and i get to turn my 70 into a reef! Yay!

With that being said i'll revote again in a few months ;-)

Congrats!!! 70 is a fantastic size for salt. :)

The only thing keeping away from reef tanks are the monthly electricity bill. Initial setup bill is no problem though.

Back
Top Bottom